10.11.12

Colour

Exploring colour schemes with art and furniture design as inspiration...

The slightly pastel primary colours in this are nice, its the shape,
lines and overall composition that drew me to this image.
Is there a colour scheme that appeals particularly to creatives?
The colours used in this piece of furniture
are beautiful in so many ways. The contrast
between the wood and vibrant red and greens
really grabbed me
-
Also where the different grains of wood meet
a wonderful patterned emerges. I have
taken a few eye dropper samples from this
image to see if I can adapt the colours and
create a colour scheme for my bookshop
identity. I think as an image the different
materials could be representative of each
practice - particularly the browns to architecture
looking at materials and production.
This piece of abstract / modernist art also
struck me.The simple shades of purple and
minimal composition
-
Another idea I had for the identity was to take different forms from the practices and recreate them in vector formats allowing me to play with the composition of shapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment