14.11.12

Branding Research

I picked up this magazine over the holidays and had a small read of it at the time but it seems far more relevant now given my current stage of production for my bookshop brief.

"Branding is ever-evolving as a craft, and our regular Industry Focus slices deep and narrow to explore how studios can take advantage of the latest cross platform opportunities."

There is also a section about current trends in branding, and although this is something I aim to explore understanding what currently excites clients and the graphic design industry seemed a key stage in my research.

 "This issues macro trend celebrates designers from across the creative spectrum who are slicing through the ocean of unnecessary choice and clutter with clean, simple, user centred design that deliverers what it needs to, and nothing else - giving weary consumers much-needed breathing space."

----------- This statement embodies many of my personal theories on brand design, my minimalist approach to design is something that I want to continue thought the rest of my career. I have a growing appreciation of conceptual development and less for the ornamental value of a project.

"In a world where out daily lives are over saturated with information and choices, consumers are looking to products and services that simplify their environments.

I will use a mixture of these statements and my own opinions on design to apply to my branding for the bookshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment