31.10.12

Opening Ceremony

Opening Ceremony Pop Up Shop
-
The identity and shop interior are great pieces of inspiration for my bookshop and show the potential of a pop up show and the layout of the inside of a shop! The shop how now been allotted a permanent spot in Covent garden after becoming one of London's top fashion destinations.


During my trip to London I visited the opening ceremony pop up shop in Covent garden. Everything from the shop interiors to the delivery of the receipt was phenomenal and extremely well considered. The vibrant variations in the interiors I assume are adaptations of the original Olympic colour scheme and the forms follow similar shapes used in the 2012 Olympic identity.
A publication sold at the shop...
The receipts are given to you in a business card sized envelope and the book wrapped in bandanna patterned paper. This shows how just a little more thought increaces the value of a brand as well as the image that the shop leaves in a customers mind.
-

The layout of the book uses wonderfully colourful layouts and refers back to the colour scheme used in the traditional Olympic logo of the four rings, representing the different nations coming together for the great sporting event.
-
The composition between images works in a beautiful harmony, I will also consider this when laying out the images the cymatics publication.
The quirky info graphics were my favourite element of the book, looking at the relationships betweens players success and skill as well as their sense of humour!
-
The colour schemes and use of tints is something I need to consider for the design of my cymatics brief but also within the brand communication of my bookshop concept!

No comments:

Post a Comment