30.10.12

Spice Cupboards

One of the main aspects of the initial brief was to create a project that not only educated people on the use of spices but to help maintain a chronological and organised method of storing them. This lead me to think about the different environments and methods of storing spices that surround me and how I could improve them. These are just a few environments I have looked at, both at different ends of the organised spectrum and both communicate a different audience but really helpful and interesting research none the less.

Student Cupboard
-
No form of organisation what so ever and although a reasonably broad range of spices they all consist of very similar products.
-
This shows me that ruling out a student orientated audience is appropriate for my product as it just wouldn't be suitable for their kitchen environment. A professional and upmarket audience would appreciate the tactile qualities that my product has to offer.
Shop Environment
-
Usually organised my brand name or the format of the packaging my designs definitely wouldn't be suitable for this point of sale. Going back to my previous post of points of sale I will stick with the department store as a focus.

Parents Kitchen
-
Organised alphabetically my parents are keen cooks and have at least some understanding of the importance of spice in cooking. This is more the sort of audience I am addressing with my product, wanting a chronological and organised supply of spices allowing for much easier usage.
Whether I choose to use alphabetical ordering or something more closely related to the periodic table is spices is something I am yet to decide, I will do some questionnaires and find out what people might find more appropriate.

No comments:

Post a Comment