4.11.12

Field Notes 50 States

Field Notes celebrate the country fair with notebooks of the 50 U.S states! This is a great example of how the standard format of a sketchbook has been adapted to reach a larger audience.

Picked these up in The London Graphic Centre in Covent garden, possibly showing me a good example of another point of sale for my sketchbooks.
-
The set of three books is another element that I want to pick up on, how can I extend my sketchbooks?
The books are printed on 100-lb, with a lined cover stock featuring metallic gold text and 48 pages of graph paper with light blue lines inside. The bind is simple but perfect for the function of the notebook, with the staples making it a sustainable wear-proof notebook.
-
The durability of these notebooks is definitely a factor in their popularity. I need to consider the environment in which my notebooks will be used as well as sold to determine their form.
The back of the books include meticulously researched facts and figures on each state. The only issue that stands out to me about these is that the facts and figures are the same on all 3 books, creating a series with different facts may have been a better solution.
The inside of the books contains the usual Field Notes specs with a ruler going down the side and the inspiration behind the notebooks placed into the back.

No comments:

Post a Comment