25.11.12

Experimental Jetset

Some really interesting 3D work that inspired me to work on my latest concept for the bookshop brief. The Wim Crowel project in particular the way the type started to change as it moved really inspired me. I have decided against using Helvetica for the project but instead the very similar Swiss Akzidenz released slightly before.
-
STUDIO WEBSITE
In the description of this project on their website they explain the slight failures in this project. The main issue was to do with the printing, which they said resulted in Crowell looking unlike his usual healthy self. They also explained that they should have used one of the other shots in the image below where the true depth of the image and its physical scale was more apparent. Choosing the appropriate designs to progress with in my bookshop identity will be an important part of the process, I will make sure I gather lots of opinions before progressing.
Really interesting idea, something I would advise anyone with an interest in type to look into and read about. The website is particularly good because of the effort put into the project descriptions, giving an insight into how the studio works.

No comments:

Post a Comment