25.10.12

Trip to London

During the weekend back in London for Typo Social 2012 I went round a few graphic shops looking at the selections of sketchbooks that they sold and analysing where mine would fit in the market. I was also trying to understand the audience and looking at the different points of sale and how this will determine the format of my books.

Star-wars Moleskin
-
Obvious audience really fans of star-wars and moleskin users, very specific market and there are thousands or other moleskins out there.
-
The other aspect of this was looking at how the books are stacked and sold, considering the different points of sale will be the next definitive point in my design direction progress.
Lego Sketchbooks 1
-
A much younger audience with this Lego books but again the point of sale is interesting, I need to make sure my books communicate if they are laid down flat or presented in the same way as the moleskins above
Lego Sketchbooks 2
-
I need to consider how a range of sketchbooks will work, even if its the same grids but different covers broadening my audience, need to make sure that I avoid clichés such as pink for girls and blue for boys...
Address Books
-
The function of these books defines its audience, an element that will play a large role in the sale of my products.
-
These books were all in the London graphic centre which could be another point of sale for my brief.

No comments:

Post a Comment