25.10.12

Point of Sale

Given my target audience and the desired quality I wish to achieve with this project I feel that a supermarket environment wouldn't be the most suitable as a point of sale. This will have a huge effect on the format that my designs take, I have already specified a gift orientated market allowing the budget for the packaging to be extended.
I could possibly exploit a supermarket environment for aspects of the brief such as the Petri dishes of spice mixes.

Oli suggested that I look into selfridges and how they sell and present products. After a quick discussion with some peers I feel this will be a perfect place to market and sell the products given the audience it markets towards their and the presentation of their products.


This is one of the ranges on the website, which has a obvious reference to my designs.
-
Exploiting the Christmas market is a possibility but that limits the products value for the rest of the year.
-
Also looking at the quality of the products that they already sell, if my designs go to plan they would fit perfectly into the market that selfridges markets.
-
John Lewis is another place that the products may be suitable to market towards.

No comments:

Post a Comment