28.4.12

Audience / Tone of Voice

Posted on practice and context as I feel its an important post to refer back to! Must always keep in mind audience and who I am aiming the identity at...

Defining a target audience will be key in my design process, also as there are many different messages that vintage shops can send out, as assessed in my study of beyond retro.

- Those with an interest in vintage fashion
- Living in Leeds
- Male or female
- Student / younger generation

 I feel these are the key areas that the identity must appeal to while matching the vintage aesthetic.

These are a few of the shops in Leeds that I feel have contrasting ideas of how to reach a specific audience. This is just a quick analysis in relation to what I wish to achieve for Kenny. (sorry for the photo quality only had my phone on me)

Cord
Looking at the aesthetic and the vibrant face of the shop definitely says something about the clothes inside. Also the logo (I will not even start to rant about the type) says a lot about the value and style of the clothes inside. These are all things that I will need to reflect through the Kenny Identity.

I want to steer away from anything like this as I think its to informal and doesn't reflect the nature of the clothes in Kenny, but I do need to understand that part of the audience for vintage shops is that with a lower budget.
Dusty & Dylan
Compared with the identity / shop front of cord  this delivers a very different message to that of cord. It suggests a certain level of quality through the black exterior and well thought out shop front.

This is more in the direction of what I was aiming for in relation to the clothes in Kenny, the aim is to achieve an identity like this, which is both typographically reflective of the style of clothes and immediately shows the audience exactly what is inside the store.

No comments:

Post a Comment