5.3.12

Laser Cutting

We have decided to use grey board as the substrate for the cover, we feel it works well with its recycled properties and its rough texture adds to its physical presence. It will appeal to the more craft based audience at the books fair which we feel is what the main target audience consists of.

After deciding on stock and thinking about how we could include the packaging for the DVD into the cover I looked into laser cutting to find out the possibilities. The idea of the disk fitting flush into the cover is a lovely concept, but wouldn't want it to get damaged so I will reconsider how this can be overcome. The images below are some samples of how laser cutting can be used on grey board, I will post the images to my practice to show how I want my own designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment