2.2.12

MAXXI - National Meusem

I haven't done as much in depth study into specific pieces of architecture as I would have liked. This building is a similar physical representation to the visual approach I have been planning on taking. I came across this through a discussion with an Architecture student who lives in London.

"MAXXI supercedes the notion of the museum as ‘object’ or – presenting a field of buildings accessible to all, with no firm boundary between what is ‘within’ and what is ‘without’. Central to this new reality are confluent lines – walls intersecting and separating to create interior and exterior spaces."

The bold integrating lines and un-defined physical space of this architecture is stunning. I have always had a subconscious interest in architecture and the structure of buildings. Buildings like this where the functional form of the building is so visible are seamlessly beautiful. Its exactly this sort of architecture that I have been trying to deliver through my visuals, although its not that closely related to bridges the title of the programme connotes the concept of a bridge and its function so the visuals are still relevant.




No comments:

Post a Comment