12.2.12

Braile Printing

Firstly only just realised that I have been spelling Secretly wrong the whole time, I was spelling it 'Seecretly' - good job I haven't got the poster printed yet.

I wanted to print the 'Secretly Seeing' type poster using a Braille rather than type, but to give the poster full effect I want visually impaired people to actually be able to read it. I was initially going to go down to wood work and see what the best suggestion would be, but I have realised turning up with at least a rough idea is far more productive. Also because it has to be on A1 I need to think about where I can get the right stock / substrate from.



>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>


UV Printer
You can create it using some UV printers onto stock up to 1mm thickness but this is a very expensive option. I will however contact a few printers and see if they can do what I am asking for.

Braille. BR
Braille.BR printing is superimposed and does not harm the quality of normal offset printing. The reading of one does not interfere with the other and vice-versa, which makes the book 100% inclusive. Its durability is indefinite and the points do not give way to reader/finger pressure as in conventional Braille printing. In addition, visual quality is not harmed, since the new printing system does not break the paper or cause reverse relief's on the other side of the page. More info here

Signage - Service Point
I used them over my foundation year and they were relatively helpful, but they arn't open today and didn't answer my phone call with queries on printing an A1 sign with no ink just braille. They don't have any information on their web page but I will get more info tomorrow when they open.

This seems like the most likely and lifelike representation of how the information would work in the real world so I will leave it here until I have spoken to them tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment