15.2.12

Bladdy braille

Right this is consuming far to much of my time for such a small part of a brief. I am going into wood work on Monday (had a chat with the technician today) and will see what I can do then leave it there. I feel that the concept is there but I need to decide on how I will photograph / document the final poster or whether the Braille poster will exist on its own. The photo below represents the closest example I could find of how I want my own text to look. Using a green or red substrate may also be the most appropriate choice relating back to the original context in which it would exist.

My current process plans are - 
- 1mm plastic using jewellery punchers doing each character / raised dot individually
- Laser cut (A1) - the holes and using beads to represent the raised areas
- On paper using the press in screen print and creating the raised bumps the same way embossing it done.

No comments:

Post a Comment