16.10.12

Enter the Grid

Enter the grid workshop at the design museum
-
Bit gutted as this was essentially exactly what I wanted to do with my sketchbooks brief. I can however take it as a piece of inspiration and use it to reflect on the progress with my own project. I love the interaction and excitement that events create.
-
My brief does however appeal to a different audience, people with an interest but little knowledge of type, also mine will use personalised grids with small set briefs for each section of the book.
-
I have also been speaking to an old sixth form tutor about doing some workshops and this brief could offer me a brilliant opportunity to target a specific audience and get the younger generation inspired by type! Also the set briefs for each page will broaden the students contextual understanding of typography, as in why a typeface has a serif or why the typographer chose to use a hand drawn style of typography. 




No comments:

Post a Comment