7.2.12

Elyjah - Planet, Planet

Finally got to the stage of designing my packaging for my DVD, thought it would be a good idea to include some particularly inspirational examples. This design by Zwolf was produced in a set of 2000 and each were shot with pellet guns, reflecting planets around a fixed point. Idea based on "Returning to a time in which men had morals in their hearts and cloth handkerchiefs in their trouser pockets" and this theme was continued through the type, using typefaces based around that period - Memphis, from Emil Rudolph Weiß (1929) and the wonderful Wieynck Gotisch from Heinrich Wieynck (1926). The type was also bought together using a wonderful old Heidberg printing machine.

All the contextual relevance of the aesthetics is something I want to deliver as my final printed outcome. It is also something that is starting to play a dominating role in my work, the effective visual communication of context through choice of type / format and substrate choice. I may try exploring using alternative materials for my DVD packaging but I need to consider the time constraints.




No comments:

Post a Comment