8.11.11

Festivals

Having thought about my project and decided that I am going to promote an Analogue themed music festival, I wanted to look into current festival identities and brands. Although I wont be able to compete with the likes of Glastonbury that manages to sell hundreds of thousands of tickets without even releasing the line up, I will look at the techniques that they use and what the common aesthetics and themes consist of. I will start with the more obvious festivals such as Reading / Leeds, but also some of the smaller festivals such as glade and festivals based on food or culture rather than music.

To get me started here's a small bit of design for St Patrick's Festival, although its not every typographers dream type I think it works and the simple colour scheme has mass appeal. The simple accordion fold also works really well, might be a possible format to explore for my deliverables.



No comments:

Post a Comment